47th Annual Convention; Online; 2021
All times listed are Eastern time (GMT-4 at the time of the convention in May).
| Supporting Local Development of Sustainable Applied Behavior Analysis and Telehealth Practices in Australia and Europe|
|Saturday, May 29, 2021|
|4:00 PM–4:50 PM |
|Area: CSS/DDA; Domain: Service Delivery|
|CE Instructor: Sheri Kingsdorf, Ph.D.|
|Chair: Sheri Kingsdorf (Masaryk University )|
|KAREL PANCOCHA (Masaryk University)|
|LAUREN COWLED (Great Start Behaviour Services)|
|ANA MARÍA FORTES FORTES BARRAL (Inercia Digital)|
|Abstract: This panel will focus on the strategies used by local professionals to support the advancement of the science of behavior and telehealth practices in underserved areas of Australia, the Czech Republic, and Spain. The panelists will share their, and their teams’, experiences of, and recommendations for, practicing in these places. Practitioners from these communities, fluent in the native languages and cultures, will share their trials and tribulations in working to grow applied behavior analysis (ABA) in a sustainable way. Some specific challenges, such as access to resources, aftermath of previous "banking models" of dissemination from overseas, and the need to simultaneously establish a community of practice across all modalities (i.e., in-person, remote, parent-led, therapist-led, etc..) will be explored. Emphasis will be placed on the emergent need for telepractice and its intersection with convincing stakeholders to fund a novel science and method of use. The panel will encourage attendees to share their experiences. Ideally, participants will come away with strategies for success that can be used in their own efforts to establish ABA and telepractice in the underserved areas of the world in which they live and work.|
|Instruction Level: Intermediate|
|Target Audience: The intermediate audience should already:
1. Have completed formal education in the subject area of behavior analysis.
2. Be working in the field as a behavior analyst.
3. Have at least some experience in program development and management.|
|Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of the presentation participants will be able to:
1. Identify challenges that might be faced when growing behavior analysis in communities that are under-resourced and underserved.
2. State actions that should be avoided when working with stakeholders in efforts to expand ABA and telehealth practices.
3. Outline steps that can be taken to establish sustainable telehealth practices in an emergent behavior analytic market.|
|Keyword(s): Australia, Establishing ABA, Europe, Telehealth|
BACK TO THE TOP
Back to Top