ABAI supports scientist-practitioners through the work of the Practice Board, which focuses on matters of interest to agencies and providers of behavior analysis services.
Objective: To develop, improve, and disseminate best practices in the application of behavior analysis.
The Practice Board's goals have been reformulated recently so that its primary mission is to bring the scholarship of a scientific association to issues facing practitioners; the Practice Board is currently developing areas in which these goals may be pursued.
Mark Shriver (2018–2021)
David Bicard (2015–2021)
Thomas S. Higbee (2014–2020)
Paula Braga Kenyon (2017–2020)
Bobby Newman (2018–2021)
Susan M. Wilczynski (2014–2020)
Student Board Member
Katie Lichtblau (2017–2020)
Kent Johnson (2018–2021)
Insurance Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Code Committee
The Insurance CPT Code Committee continues its work to create CPT billing codes for ABA services. Representatives of the following professional organizations serve on the committee that prepared the application:
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (Bryan King, MD; George Realmuto, MD)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (Michael Reiff, MD; Lynn Wegner, MD)
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (Mark Yeager, Ph.D.)
- Association for Behavior Analysis International (Wayne Fisher, Ph.D.; Louis Hagopian, Ph.D.; Travis Thompson, Ph.D.; David Wacker, Ph.D.)
- Child Neurology Society (Martha B. Denckla, MD; Walter Kauffman, MD)
- National Autism Center (Susan M. Wilczynski, Ph.D., BCBA-D)
- Private Insurance Companies: Eric Billington, Ph.D., OptumHealth; Kristie Thompson, United Behavioral Health; William Young, MBA, Wellspring Autism Network