Last modified: [Jan. 9th, 2018]
The ASSOCIATION FOR BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS INTERNATIONAL, a Michigan nonprofit corporation ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the ABAI CE Scanner App (our "App") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this App.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other apps or website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the App.
WE TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION; HOWEVER, GIVEN THE NATURE OF THE INTERNET, WE CANNOT ENSURE COMPLETE SECURITY AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY OR FOR THE ACTIONS OF ANY PERSON OTHER THAN THE COMPANY. ALTHOUGH WE TAKE PRECAUTIONS AGAINST SECURITY BREACHES, HACKERS POSE A THREAT TO ANY INTERNET USER, AND THE LEGAL AND REGULATORY STATUS OF MATTERS ON THE INTERNET IS UNCERTAIN BOTH IN THE UNITED STATES AND ABROAD. UNFORTUNATELY, NO DATA CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE COMPLETELY SECURE, INCLUDING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO THIS APP. FOR THESE REASONS, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WILL NEVER BE DISCLOSED IN WAYS YOU DO NOT EXPECT OR WHICH ARE NOT DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our App is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this App or on or through any of its features, register on the App, make any purchases through the App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, badge number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as room number, time; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our App, and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us by filling in a form or using the scan feature of the App.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect through our App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Scan data.
- Personal conference schedule.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "") on public areas of the App, or transmitted to other users of the App or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to this information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The websites linked to by this App or its services are developed by people over whom we exercise no control. These other websites may place their own cookies on your device, collect data, or solicit personal information. We expressly disclaim responsibility for the content and accuracy of any such linked websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To allow you to obtain continuing education credits.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, including the Society for the Advancement of Behavior Analysis.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. (For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our App, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.)
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. (This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information directly in the App via the Member Information form.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We ask you not to share your information with anyone you do not know. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App. We also urge you to be cautious when using free public Wi-Fi services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the App is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted from our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App.
Association for Behavior Analysis International
550 W. Centre Avenue
Portage, MI 49024
These terms, conditions, and policies are governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Michigan, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. If any part of these terms and conditions is unlawful, that part is severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The Company may terminate this agreement at any time for any reason without notice. Users may terminate this agreement by destroying any materials obtained through the Company’s website.
Venue for Disputes