Hotel and Travel Information
Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street NW
Washington, DC 20001 USA
Single-occupancy room: $149/night plus applicable taxes
Note: We recommend making reservations as soon as possible, as rooms will likely sell out quickly. The deadline for ABAI's discounted rate is October 19, 2018.
When reserving a room, guests will be charged a non-refundable deposit equal to one night's room and tax 90 days before the date of check-in; upon check-in, this will be applied toward the final balance.
Conference registration is not required to make a reservation. However, ABAI will cross-check the hotel reservation list against our list of event attendees. Room reservations are subject to cancellation if hotel guests using ABAI rooms are not registered for the conference by October 12, 2018.
Room rates are subject to state and local taxes. Rates may be applicable 3 days before and 3 days after convention dates, depending on availability. A portion of the room rate is used to defray the association’s convention expenses.
The hotel is in the heart of DC’s Penn Quarter neighborhood, just steps from downtown and near the nation’s leading historical monuments, museums, and art galleries, including the National Gallery of Art, with more than 141,000 pieces of artwork.
Across the street is the new CityCenter DC, with 10 acres of high-end shopping and more than 20 restaurants in a 1-mile radius.
Grand Hyatt Washington Restaurants
- CABINET—breakfast plus a weekend lunch menu; open Mon.–Fri. 6:30–11 am and Sat.–Sun. 6:30 am–3 pm
- Cure Bar & Bistro—seasonal ingredients and a farm-to-table approach; open Mon.–Fri. 11 am–1 am and Sat.–Sun. 3 pm–1 am
- Room Service—breakfast, appetizers, surf and turf, and desserts delivered to your room; available Sun.–Thurs. 6 am–1 am and Fri.–Sat. 6 am–2 am
- Starbucks Reserve—coffee, tea, light snacks, and pastries in the lobby; open daily 5:30 am–8 pm
Self-parking: $42/day; valet parking: $58/day
The hotel has a business center, fitness center, heated indoor pool and sauna, laundry and dry cleaning services, and complimentary wi-fi in all guest rooms.
The hotel is ~5 miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Estimated one-way taxi fare is $17.
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority offers a rider guide and trip planner. A Metro station is connected to the hotel, allowing easy access to the red, orange, silver, and blue lines.
Short rides will take you to such attractions as the Smithsonian Institution; the White House; Dupont Circle; Georgetown University; Foggy Bottom; the National Mall; the Pentagon; Rock Creek Park; Alexandria, VA; and the Shaw neighborhood, full of shops, restaurants, entertainment, and a new nightlife scene.
Buses are also available, including the following with stops close to the hotel:
- G8 Avondale bus from 11th St. NW and New York Ave. NW—access to the Shaw neighborhood
- 64 Fort Totten bus from NW H St. and NW 11th St.—access to Logan Circle
- X2 Minnesota Ave. station bus from NE H St. and NE 12th St.—access to H Street