Hotel and Travel
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
5 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111 USA
Single-occupancy room: $199/night plus applicable taxes
Click here to make a reservation at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco.
Note: We recommend making reservations as soon as possible. The deadline for ABAI's discounted rate is December 15, 2018.
The discounted group rate is available from Thursday, January 17, 2019, through Wednesday, January 23, 2019. These room nights will sell out quickly. If you wish to book additional nights, standard hotel rates will apply just for the extra nights.
- Tuesday, January 15: Standard hotel rates
- Wednesday, January 16: Standard hotel rates
- Thursday, January 17: Standard hotel rates
- Friday, January 18: ABAI rate
- Saturday, January 19: ABAI rate
- Sunday, January 20: ABAI rate
- Monday, January 21: ABAI rate
- Tuesday, January 22: ABAI rate
- Wednesday, January 23: ABAI rate
If you need to extend your stay beyond conference dates, please review the following options.
These websites have availability as of October 4, 2018:
Consider these nearby hotels:
- Chancellor Hotel on Union Square: 22-minute walk, 1.0 miles, 3 stars
- Club Quarters: 8-minute walk, 0.4 miles, 3 stars
- Cornell Hotel de France: 22-minute walk, 0.9 miles, 3 stars
- Executive Hotel Vintage Court: 21-minute walk, 0.9 miles, 3 stars
- Harbor Court Hotel: 8-minute walk, 0.4 miles, 3 stars
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District: 12-minute walk, 0.6 miles, 4 stars
- Hotel 32One: 18-minute walk, 0.8 miles, 2 stars
- Hotel Triton: 18-minute walk, 0.8 miles, 3 stars
- Stanford Court San Francisco: 23-minute walk, 0.9 miles, 4 stars
When reserving a room, guests will be charged a non-refundable deposit equal to one night's room and tax 90 days before the date of check-in; upon check-in, this will be applied toward the final balance.
Conference registration is not required to make a reservation. However, ABAI will cross-check the hotel reservation list against our list of event attendees. Room reservations are subject to cancellation if hotel guests using ABAI rooms are not registered for the conference by December 8, 2018.
Room rates are subject to state and local taxes. A portion of the room rate is used to defray the association’s conference expenses.
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Restaurants
- Eclipse Kitchen & Bar: Breakfast, lunch, or an evening bite in the world’s largest hotel lobby. Open daily 6 am–11 pm.
- The Market: Healthy and fresh to-go items. Open daily 6 am–12 am; delivery to guestrooms 6 am–11 pm.
The hotel has a 24-hour business center, laundry services, a restaurant and bar, and a 24-hour StayFit gym. All rooms have wi-fi, coffee, a hair dryer, and a 47” flat-screen television.
Assisted self-parking without in/out privileges: $34/night; valet parking with in/out privileges: $70.68/night.
The conference hotel is on the Embarcadero waterfront, anchoring one of the world’s most majestic skylines and flourishing locations. From the hotel, popular attractions such as Chinatown, Fisherman’s Wharf, and Alcatraz can be easily reached. One of the world-famous cable car lines is close by.
From San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is approximately 15 miles from the hotel, about a 25-minute taxi ride (estimated one-way fare: $63). From SFO you can also take a 30-minute ride on the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) into Embarcadero (one-way fare: $8.95). SFO trains run three to four times per hour until 11:50 pm daily.
You can also purchase a BART SFO voucher in advance. The voucher will get you one round-trip ride from SFO to downtown San Francisco, with a small balance to apply toward another BART ride.
Getting Around San Francisco
San Francisco’s public transportation system runs throughout the city, operating buses, trains, cable cars, and the F-line heritage streetcar. Check out the Metro Map.
Cable Cars and Streetcars
Cable cars are located downtown and run on three lines: Powell-Hyde, Powell-Mason, and California Street. The F-line streetcar runs up and down Market Street all the way to Fisherman’s Wharf. Pay the conductor onboard or purchase tickets in advance using the MuniMobile app.
This pre-loaded card gives you access to BART, Muni buses, Muni Metro, and cable cars.
This shuttle offers free rides between downtown San Francisco's Embarcadero and the Presidio. Check out the schedule and map here. Extend your ride by hopping on the Around the Park shuttle, which can take you to more than 40 destinations within the park, including Baker Beach and the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center.
Delta—up to 10% discount on bookings through Delta with meeting code NMSST. Valid travel dates 1/13/2019–1/25/2019.
United Airlines—up to 10% discount on bookings through United with meeting code ZG7C551116. Valid travel dates 1/15/2019–1/23/2019.
SuperShuttle—up to 10% discount on one way and round-trip reservations with meeting code PS8T4. Valid travel dates 1/14/2019–1/24/2019.
Cheap Airport Parking—Save 20% on airport parking reservations at over 30 major U.S. airports with promo code ABAI.