Guest Emergency Procedures
Colorado Convention Center Emergency Phone
From any room or house phone dial 200, or call (303) 228-8030.
Hyatt Regency Denver Emergency Phone
From any room or house phone dial 55.
(In the event of an emergency, both visual and audible alarms will sound throughout the hotel. An announcement will follow with instructions.)
Colorado Convention Center Emergency Procedures
Denver Health (Level 1 Trauma Center)
777 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204
Approximately 1 mile
Nearest Walk-in/Non-Emergency Medical Facility
Guardian Urgent Care
1 Broadway St., Bldg. A, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80203
Approximately 2 miles
Nearest 24-Hour Drug Store
1111 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80246
Approximately 5.1 miles
Nearest Drug Store
801 16th St., Denver, CO 80202
Approximately 2 blocks
BACK TO THE TOP
Colorado Convention Center (CCC) Emergency Procedures
- Security officers patrol the facility and surrounding property 24–7.
- An in-house security command center is staffed 24–7.
- 24-hour security phone number: 303-228-8030.
- 24-hour security entrance at Welton and 12th Streets.
- Our state-of-the-art security system includes a sophisticated CCTV system with more than 225 cameras.
- Advanced protocols with the Denver police/fire/medical dispatch (911).
- Ongoing updates from local, state, and federal authorities.
- The CCC is a training site for the Denver Police Department's METRO S.W.A.T. Unit.
- The CCC is less than 1 mile from a level 1 trauma center.
- In case of emergency, call CCC security by dialing 200 from any beige house phone (placards above all phones include this number) or 303-228-8030 rather than 911. The CCC covers a very large area, and the security department has protocols with the Denver 911 service.
- The CCC security department continuously monitors the National Weather Service. If there is a weather emergency nearby, an announcement will be made throughout the building via the public-address system, with simple instructions for evacuation to a safe area within the facility.
- When the severe weather threat has passed, the security department will issue an announcement on the same public-address system.
The CCC has state-of-the-art fire detection and suppression systems. The CCC's 24–7 security base station provides notification of and response to fires.
- There is a Denver Fire Department station 100 feet behind the CCC.
- The security department has fire response protocols in place with the fire department and 911 dispatch.
- Upon verification of a fire, area or building evacuation will take place using strobe light and tone alarms throughout the building, pre-recorded and live notifications, and assistance from security and building staff.
- Upon authorization from the fire department, security staff will make announcements via the public-address system and bullhorns.
Suspected Active Shooter
If an active shooter is in the building, an alert will be broadcast over the public-address system.
- Evacuation—Get out of the building/area even if others won’t follow. Help others escape, if possible. Take an evacuation path away from the suspect. Warn others as you escape. Do not attempt to move wounded people. Do not rush toward officers, keep your hands visible at all times, and follow all of their commands. Update police with the suspect’s description and location.
- Lockdown—Do not leave your current location if you feel the suspect will see or find you. If you can, gather those around you and go to the nearest room with a locking door. Once inside, lock the door and barricade it with heavy objects. Try to prevent being seen. Turn off lights and close drapes or blinds. Sit or lie on the floor next to the wall with the door and be as quiet as possible. Silence your cell phone. Do not answer or open the door for anyone. If you are found and unable to get away, throw objects, yell, and continue to defend yourself.
- Do not touch a suspicious-seeming item.
- Immediately report the item—dial 200 from any beige house phone (placards above all phones include this number) or 303-228-8030.
BACK TO THE TOP