Supporting Organizations: Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers to frequently asked questions by clicking on the links listed below.
- Do you automatically become an ABAI Supporting Organization once you apply?
No, an organization must submit the Supporting Organization form, its logo, a 65-word description for the web site for review by the Organizational Review Committee....Hide
- How long does Supporting Organization designation last?
Supporting Organization designation lasts from January 1 to December 31 of the year for which you apply. Applications for the following year are accepted beginning in September of the current year....Hide
- In what format does the organization’s logo need to be sent to ABAI?
A high resolution (at least 300 dpi, press quality) copy of your organization’s logo should be sent electronically. It can be in a .jpg or .gif format. Please contact us at email@example.com if other arrangements need to be made....Hide
- How can I tell if my organization’s status has been approved?
Once you’ve applied for Supporting Organization designation, the Organizational Review Committee makes an assessment. When a decision has been made on your status, the ABAI office will notify you by email....Hide
- What deadlines should our organization be aware of?
Applications are accepted for the following year beginning in September of the current year. The organization’s application must be submitted by January 18th in order to include the organization’s information in the ABAI Program Book for the annual convention. Classified ads for the ABAI newsletter Inside Behavior Analysis come out three times a year in January, July, and October. Please submit your ads in electronic MS Word format by December 15th of the year preceding official membership, June 15th and September 15th of the membership year. (Note: The deadline will be the following Monday if the 30th or 15th falls on a weekend.)...Hide
- If I am a renewing Supporting Organization, do I have to go through the approval process again?
To continue as a Supporting Organization, please submit a 2013 Supporting Organization form, any updates to your logo, 65-word description of your organization, and names of individuals applying for membership or convention registration. You may indicate on the form if you want the same content as the previous year....Hide
- Will my organization be part of the ABAI’s Supporting Organization online list with links to our site?
Yes, our web site will be updated with your organizational name, a 65 word description and contact information once your organization has been approved. The inclusion of this material is not an endorsement, authorization, or affiliation by ABAI of these organizations, their work and services, or of the content of the material they present....Hide
- What are the benefits of becoming a Supporting Organization?
Supporting Organizations receive the following benefits:
- Recognition as a Supporting Organization with link, logo and 65-word description on the ABAI web site.
- Three individual ABAI memberships.
- Members receive subscriptions to the ABAI Newsletter, Inside Behavior Analysis, and The Behavior Analyst, as well as discounts on ABAI products and services.
- Three ABAI Annual Convention registrations.
- One institutional subscription to The Analysis of Verbal Behavior.
- Two free job postings on ABAI’s Job Placement web site and unlimited discounted postings.
- Classified ad (25 lines) in three issues of the ABAI Newsletter, Inside Behavior Analysis (2011).
- ABAI membership mailing list on address labels (one set).
- Acknowledgement of support as a Supporting Organization in the Annual Convention Program Book.